Recycling your old electricals is easy! Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the Recycle More website and type in your postcode.
1. Why Recycle?
- Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste.
- Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment.
- If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
- We’re proud to support your local authority in providing local recycling facilities for electrical equipment.
- To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol.
- Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
2. What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
3. How are we helping?
- In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge.
- As a responsible producer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities.
- This is achieved through membership of an approved WEEE compliance scheme.
- Download our WEEE directive here.
To find more information on WEEE recycling and to locate your nearest recycling centre please visit the Recycle More website.